Thank you for your interest in the FHI’s volunteer program. The FHI’s volunteer program is intended to give people who are interested in rural development an opportunity to increase their overseas experience and gain broad exposure to FHI’s programs.
Each year, FHI is expected to have not less than approximately 6 placements with our community programs. Assignments are for six months or more.
Types of Assignments
Short-term assignments (Generally from 10 weeks up to 3 months) might include:
- Conducting research with staff or partner of FHI.
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation for a specific partner or project.
- Building capacity for FHI staff and partners in the volunteer’s area of expertise
- Documenting programs, projects, and best practices for FHI’s projects
Long-term assignments (Generally from 3 months to 6 months) might include:
- Working directly with staff to design and develop project proposals.
- Developing specific training programs for FHI staff and its partners.
- Assisting community programs with in-depth analysis on a specific issue.